Driving at night can be more dangerous than you, we all realize. Even if you’ve done it many times, drivers often let their guard down because they feel driving at night isn’t any different than driving during the day. But in fact, it’s very different.
Here are some tips to help you drive safely at night:
- Keep your vehicle well maintained. Keeping your vehicle in good working condition can avoid breakdowns. No one wants to breakdown on the side of the road, but it can be even worse at night.
- Clean your windshield! If your windshield is dirty or you are out of washer fluid, it can be bad during the day, but it’s even worse at night. You don’t want a small window to view the road on your windshield.
- Drive defensively! Driving defensively and watching out for other drivers is key at night. Let people pass you if they need to, especially if you aren’t comfortable driving at night.
- Keep your emergency kit up to date! Is your emergency roadside kit up to date? If you do a lot of driving at night, make sure all of the essentials are packed and ready to go.
- If you aren’t feeling well or don’t see well at night, it’s ok to stay in or find a ride. Being tired or sick isn’t worth risking your life.
These are just a few things to consider while driving at night. We’d love to hear what you do to stay safe on the road.