Are you planning on traveling at all this holiday season? Keeping your car in great shape is key! Here are some things you might have overlooked the past year that will help your car running smooth this season:
- Schedule a tune-up. Before you hit the road for your holiday travels, it’s important to make sure your car is in good working order. Schedule a tune-up with your mechanic to have them check the following:
- Oil and filter
- Tires and brakes
- Belts and hoses
- Fluid levels
- Lights and wipers
- Check your tire pressure. Cold weather can cause your tire pressure to drop, so it’s important to check it regularly. The recommended tire pressure for your car can be found on a sticker inside the driver’s door jamb.
- Use winter-grade windshield wiper fluid. Winter-grade windshield wiper fluid is designed to withstand cold weather and prevent freezing. It’s also important to have good wiper blades that can effectively clear away snow, sleet, and rain.
- Keep your gas tank full. Keeping your gas tank at least half full will help to prevent moisture from forming in the fuel lines and possibly freezing.
- Be prepared for emergencies. Make sure you have an emergency kit in your car that includes items such as a first aid kit, jumper cables, a flashlight, and a blanket.
- Allow extra time for your travels. During the holidays, roads are often more congested, so it’s important to allow extra time for your travels. This will help to reduce stress and ensure that you arrive at your destination safely.
If you find yourself in need of a collision repair team, we’re here to help. We sincerely hope you have a wonderful start to the holiday season.